Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rachel McAdams always stays friends with her ex-boyfriends
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 at 09:37 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Rachel McAdams & Martin Sheen|
She said: "Am I still friends with my old boyfriends? Yes, absolutely. There's no one who's ever been significantly in my life for whom I don't have a sort of tenderness because they helped to shape who I am.
"However long someone is in your life, they're there to teach us something and I try to make the most of any relationship."
Visit our St. Patrick's Day section for more news, recipes, history and traditions
Half of Americans unaware St. Patrick is patron saint of Ireland
The 33-year-old beauty values humor most in a boyfriend and she thinks it is particularly important to be able to laugh at problems.
She added to Britain's HELLO! magazine: "First and foremost, a sense of humor [is attractive]. You can have passion, you can have interests in common and all the other good things. But if it's to be a long-term relationship, then you're going to need something to get you through the trials and tribulations.
"The ability to laugh together and not take anything too seriously is essential. It's a way to connect that forgives a lot of other things and it allows you to move on much more quickly if there's a problem."