Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Quentin Tarantino feels sorry for Ben Affleck over "Argo" Oscar snub
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
Both directors missed out on Best Director Oscar nominations on Thursday even though their movies 'Django Unchained' and 'Argo' picked up nods in other categories but Quentin thinks Ben's snub was worse than his.
Speaking at the 'Django Unchained' premiere at London's Empire, Leicester Square, he told BANG Showbiz: "It would have been nice and everything but at the end of the day, I actually feel more sorry for Ben Affleck. He really deserved it and I think we all thought he was going to get it, so I feel really sorry for him."
While, Quentin is excited that his own movie received five Academy Award nominations, he doesn't believe it will win the night's biggest award, Best Picture.
He said: "It feels very lovely, it's nice to be invited to the party. It's been a good week. Five Oscar nominations today, five BAFTA nominations yesterday. I don't think it will win Best Picture. But if it did, I will take it for sure."
While Christoph Waltz was unexcited about his own nomination for Best Supporting Actor, saying: "I have no idea if I will win. I'm not a bookmaker," the movie's female star Kerry Washington was more enthusiastic.
She said: "It's quite a ride, it's very exciting."
The premiere was also attended by the film's stars Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson while celebrities including Ashley Roberts, Hugo Taylor, James Arthur and Tyler James also walked the white carpet.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...