Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Prince William and Kate Middleton announce date and location for their wedding
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 08:22 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The couple will be wed in Westminster Abbey, in London, on April 29, according to a spokesperson for Prince Charles, William's Father.
"The royal family will pay for the wedding, following the precedence set by the marriages of the prince and princess of Wales in 1981 and Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947," said the spokesperson.
Westminster Abbey, a thousand-year-old Abbey in center of London, has been the favorite of royal fans, the media and bookies for the last week.
British Prime Minister, David Cameron, also announced that the date of the wedding will be a national holiday.
He said "The wedding of Kate and William will be a happy and momentous occasion...We want to mark the day as one of national celebration. A public holiday will ensure the most people possible will have a chance to celebrate on the day."
Westminster Abbey was the obvious choice for the wedding. Founded in 960, the present Gothic church dates back to 1245, and since 1066 it has been the "coronation church", where kings and queens are
The Abbey has close ties to the current royal family. It is where Queen Elizabeth II married Prince Philip in 1947, where her father, King George VI, got married there in 1923 and it's where the funeral of William's mother, Princess Diana, took place there in 1997.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...