Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Prince William and Harry spill the beans on the real Queen Elizabeth
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 at 09:36 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Prince Harry and Queen Elizabeth|
In a break with royal protocol that the Queen herself might not approve of, they're actually sharing their insights about their grandmother with the press.
According to Prince Harry the Queen, who is known for her unflappable public image, actually leans quite heavily on her husband Prince Philip for moral support.
The Queen turns down a free pint of Guinness - VIDEO & PHOTOS
Irish Americans welcome Queen's historic visit to Ireland
Queen Elizabeth says Irish spirit of friendship fills her with hope
'Regardless of whether my grandfather seems to be doing his own thing (a reference to Prince Phillip's tendency to roam about) sort of wandering off like a fish down the river, the fact that he's there – personally, I don't think that she could do it without him,' Prince Harry told the the BBC's Andrew Marr for an upcoming documentary on the Queen.
Harry, 27, claims that his grandmother would find the task of endlessly shaking hands during her frequent public engagements unbearable without Phillip her side.
At 85 the Queen, who celebrates 60 years on the throne next Monday, may now be too old for her schedule Harry worries. 'Yet she's carrying on and doing the visits,' he said.
In his public affairs William is said to take his lead from the Queen. In fact both he and his wife Kate ask for her guidance about how to lead a public royal life.
'I think she doesn't care for celebrity and she really minds about having privacy in general,' William told the BBC.
William also praises how adept she is at navigating 'a very tricky line' between 'private and public and duty.'
'I think she's carved her own way completely. She's not had a blueprint,' says William. 'I think it's very important to be able to retreat inside and be able to collect one's thoughts and collect your ideas, and then to move forward.'
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...