Prince William and Duchess Catherine celebrated the birth of their baby boy with a pizza
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Prince William and Duchess Catherine|
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were ecstatic after the birth of their son - now the third in line to the British throne - on Monday, but were also left hungry by the eleven-hour labour preceding his birth at 16.24 GMT.
To alleviate their nibbles, royal close protection officers were seen delivering two pizzas to the rear entrance of St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London at 20.45pm, around ten minutes before the official announcement of the royal birth was made.
A carbohydrate packed pizza was an ideal snack to help the duchess - formerly Kate Middleton - replenish the energy reserves she will have spend giving birth. If she did not eat soon after the baby's arrival, she would have risked going into ketosis, a process where the body starts burning fat for energy, which can lead to nausea, vomiting and headaches.
The duke and duchess and their new arrival spent the night in St. Mary's at the private Lindo Ward where specialists made sure everything was O.K. with the baby. Outside both the hospital and Buckingham Palace royal fans started impromptu street parties, celebrating the news of the heir to the throne's birth.
In a short statement released yesterday, William said he and his wife "could not be happier" with their baby, who was born weighing a healthy 8lbs, 6oz. Well wishes have since flooded in from around the world.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...