Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Prince Harry insists the British Royal Family is “funny”
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Prince Harry, Andrew and Queen Elizabeth|
The 27-year-old royal – who completed a 10-day trip to the Caribbean and Brazil as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations – says that away from the public eye, his grandmother has an excellent sense of humor – a trait she picked up from her husband Prince Philip.
He said: “She is very funny but I think she gets it from my grandfather. They are very funny together. My family is the same as any other family when it comes to humor behind closed doors, though I’d like to think I was funnier than my grandmother.”
Harry – who is expected to return to the front-line in Afghanistan within a year - admits he felt “choked up” by the warmth of the local people and their enthusiasm for celebrating the Queen’s 60 years on the throne.
He told the Daily Telegraph: “It’s been an emotional trip. I’m absolutely exhausted but the warmth of the reception that we’ve received from every single country that we’ve been to has been amazing.
Over 300 Irish a week moving to New York to find work says expert
Ireland’s most unromantic men named and shamed
“I personally had no idea how much warmth there was towards the Queen. To me that’s been very humbling and I was actually quite choked up seeing the way that they’re celebrating her 60 years. She’s thousands of miles away and yet they celebrated her in the way they did and made me feel so welcome, so I couldn’t thank them more.”
Harry called the Queen just before he rounded off the trip with a polo match in aid of his children’s charity, Sentebale, and says he hopes he had made her proud.
He added: “We had a great chat. She wished me luck and she said 'Enjoy it, I hope you do me proud'. It was a typical grandmother to grandson chat. I just hope that my grandmother is proud of what we’ve done.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...