Prince Harry has admitted he 'let himself down' following last year's nude Las Vegas photo scandal
By: Amy Andrews | Published Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:01 AM | Updated Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 9:01 AM
The 28-year-old royal was photographed naked in a Las Vegas hotel room during a game of strip billiards with a bevy of beauties and while he is unhappy that someone in the group leaked the pictures, Harry admitted he was partly to blame.
Speaking to reporters before he left Afghanistan, where he has been deployed for four months, the Apache helicopter pilot said: "I probably let myself down. I let my family down, I let other people down.
"At the end of the day, I was in a private area and there should be a certain amount of privacy ... The way I was treated ... I don't think is acceptable.
"Back home all my close friends rallied round me and were great."
“It was a classic example of me probably being too much army and not enough prince".
Harry was backed by a former head of the Army following his antics with General Sir Mike Jackson saying he had "no difficulty" with the images and the flame-haired prince's only crime was getting caught.
He previously said: "All young officers are probably saying, 'There but for the grace of God go I,' and even some older officers are remembering perhaps the odd moment in their youth when they were being not as wise perhaps as they might have been.
"No. I have no difficulty with it. One does remember the 11th commandment: Thou shalt not get caught."