Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Prince Harry has admitted he 'let himself down' following last year's nude Las Vegas photo scandal
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 08:53 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
Speaking to reporters before he left Afghanistan, where he has been deployed for four months, the Apache helicopter pilot said: "I probably let myself down. I let my family down, I let other people down.
"At the end of the day, I was in a private area and there should be a certain amount of privacy ... The way I was treated ... I don't think is acceptable.
"Back home all my close friends rallied round me and were great."
“It was a classic example of me probably being too much army and not enough prince".
Harry was backed by a former head of the Army following his antics with General Sir Mike Jackson saying he had "no difficulty" with the images and the flame-haired prince's only crime was getting caught.
He previously said: "All young officers are probably saying, 'There but for the grace of God go I,' and even some older officers are remembering perhaps the odd moment in their youth when they were being not as wise perhaps as they might have been.
"No. I have no difficulty with it. One does remember the 11th commandment: Thou shalt not get caught."