“Pretty Woman” actor Richard Gere ponders his Irish roots
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Richard Gere thinks he has Irish roots|
Irish Entertainment Blog
, Irish Celebrity Gossip
Richard Gere, Irish? Could be.
The aging very gracefully actor told The Irish Times that he thinks he’s got some Irish roots.
“I was from a different planet,” he told the paper about his background. “I just enjoyed acting. I remember my mother early on – it was a big family, an Irish family – would take us to the movies. I enjoyed it.”
His interviewer stopped to ask if she heard correctly about the Irish part.
“Well I think so. I am definitely Anglo-Saxon. And I am sure there is Irish blood there. I remember my grandfather – he was a farmer in Pennsylvania – and he’d dance Irish jigs a little bit. I’m still hoping to find an O’Gere out there.”
O’Gara, O’Gere – close, right?