“Pretty Woman” actor Richard Gere ponders his Irish roots
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Richard Gere thinks he has Irish roots|
Irish Entertainment Blog
, Irish Celebrity Gossip
Richard Gere, Irish? Could be.
The aging very gracefully actor told The Irish Times that he thinks he’s got some Irish roots.
“I was from a different planet,” he told the paper about his background. “I just enjoyed acting. I remember my mother early on – it was a big family, an Irish family – would take us to the movies. I enjoyed it.”
His interviewer stopped to ask if she heard correctly about the Irish part.
“Well I think so. I am definitely Anglo-Saxon. And I am sure there is Irish blood there. I remember my grandfather – he was a farmer in Pennsylvania – and he’d dance Irish jigs a little bit. I’m still hoping to find an O’Gere out there.”
O’Gara, O’Gere – close, right?