Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Pretty poolside brunette dumped by fiancé over One Direction rumors
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 09:21 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Niall Horan and his mystery brunette|
Partying with One Direction can have its downsides.
The “pretty brunette” who caused a media sensation last week when she was photographed flirting with Niall Horan has been dumped by her fiancé over the incident, Now Magazine reports.
What may have seemed like a petty poolside photo prompted an equally petty breakup, as Joe Adkins, 32, sent Ruth Hicks, 26, packing via text.
“Joe feels like I have humiliated him,” Hicks told Now. “But I love him more than anything and would do anything to get him back.
“It’s all just a giant misunderstanding but he won’t even see me so I can’t explain.”
As for Joe, he told The Sun that “seeing my fiancée with that boy was so hurtful.”
So when the media sharks began circling around the photos of Hicks dancing and sharing a drink with Horan, Joe texted Hicks to say, “Pack your things, it’s over,” Now reported.
When Hicks returned to the UK from her Marbella vacation, Joe asked Hicks to return her diamond engagement ring and move out of their shared Portsmouth home.
One Direction’s spokesperson implied in a statement that the boys regularly break hearts- and break up couples- this way.
“The boys are pictured chatting to fans wherever they go,” the spokesman said, according to Now. “These photos are often sadly misrepresented, which can lead to problems for the people pictured.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...