Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Portia de Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' wife, speaks about her anorexia and coming out
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Speaking to Women's Weekly, she said that she really struggled with her sexual identity. She said "It took a long, long time for me to think I had a problem. I was around 90 pounds and I remember feeling very afraid of food every night.
"I didn't want to walk past pizza restaurants because that would make me remember what it was like to eat pizza, and I was truly afraid that I was going to be overcome with the urge to binge and that if I started bingeing then I just wouldn't stop."
She recalled how terrified she was at the thought of coming out when she met, her wife, Ellen DeGeneres', the talk show host.
She said "I had such a long way to go before I could even be seen in public with a woman, much less be seen in public with that one."