Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Portia de Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' wife, speaks about her anorexia and coming out
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Speaking to Women's Weekly, she said that she really struggled with her sexual identity. She said "It took a long, long time for me to think I had a problem. I was around 90 pounds and I remember feeling very afraid of food every night.
"I didn't want to walk past pizza restaurants because that would make me remember what it was like to eat pizza, and I was truly afraid that I was going to be overcome with the urge to binge and that if I started bingeing then I just wouldn't stop."
She recalled how terrified she was at the thought of coming out when she met, her wife, Ellen DeGeneres', the talk show host.
She said "I had such a long way to go before I could even be seen in public with a woman, much less be seen in public with that one."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...