Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Piers Morgan claims Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl was "gruesome" - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 at 10:52 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Madonna playing at the Super Bowl|
The talk show host - who has had a long-running feud with the 'Hung Up' singer - was not impressed with Madonna's routine during the halftime show of the NFL game on Sunday because she looked like a "drunken aunt".
He told TV host Chelsea Handler: "That Super Bowl performance - it was like watching your mad drunken aunt at Christmas, wasn't it? I keep reading all these celebrities tweeting like, 'Wasn't she awesome?' No she wasn't! She was gruesome!
"But at least I've found that I have one common ground with Madonna: neither of us have sung live at the Super Bowl. She was lip syncing the whole damn thing. I was singing along with her and trust me, she wasn't singing."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
St. Valentine’s Day prep: ten reasons to date an Irishman - a slideshow
Bill Clinton to host New York round-table forum on Irish economy this week
Piers - who has banned Madonna from his talk show - has made no secret of his dislike of the 'Material Girl' hitmaker and has often spoken about several clashes they have had.
He once said: "There was a bread roll throwing incident in London in the mid '90s; there was an incident at a hotel in the south of France at the Cannes Film Festival involving a photographer and a bodyguard. And there's been an incident involving a pub owned by her recently departed husband, Guy Ritchie, where my brother was the manager."
Here's the full show:
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...