Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Pierce Brosnan kicked Gerard Butler’s ass while filming “Shuttered”
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Gerard Butler and Pierce Brosnan|
Though the film didn’t make much of an impression, Butler was left with a painful remembrance long after production shut down – a busted neck and some broken ribs.
Brosnan and Butler were shooting a chase scene in Vancouver, with Pierce behind the wheel of a Range Rover. Pierce wound up losing control of the fancy car and crashing right into a wall, and Butler still vividly recalls the pain.
"Pierce ended up driving straight towards a wall and didn't apply the brakes in time and smashed right into it," Butler explains. "Initially we were fine, but I quickly realized my neck was out, my ribs came out, pretty painful stuff.”
Butler is no stranger to Ireland or Irish parts – he played the male lead in the film version of Cecelia Ahern’s best-selling Irish novel P.S. I Love You, also in 2007. The movie, which also starred Hilary Swank, saw Butler convert his Scottish brogue to an Irish one, and the results weren’t pretty. Now he’s getting a chance to put things right – kinda – by playing a crazy leprechaun in the upcoming film Movie 43, an ensemble comedy spoof which is due on January 25.
"Well I sounded like a leprechaun in P.S., why not give it a go for real," Butler says.
"That was literally one day on set and I keep forgetting that I did that film, but I can't wait for the reaction. It's either going to be a triumph or a disaster."