Pierce Brosnan is not into Bond-ing? Meath actor won’t attend Oscar’s 50th Anniversary James Bond party
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Pierce Brosnan in Malibu in December|
Hmm . . .could it be that Pierce Brosnan is planning to spoil the James Bond party at the Oscars in a couple of weeks?
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 007 superspy on film, Oscar organizers are planning a reunion of all the actors who have played Bond in the past. Brosnan, of course, had his turn in four Bond movies that stretched from 1995 to 2004, before being dumped for the younger Daniel Craig who’s been Bond ever since, including most recently in Skyfall last November.
The gossip site TMZ caught up with Pierce a few days ago to ask him about all six Bonds sharing a stage on the biggest movie night of the year, but Co. Meath native Brosnan seemed less than enthusiastic, saying, “Well, they’ll be missing one.”
Was he referring to himself or another Bond? Conventional wisdom had it that Sean Connery might be the no-show 007, but it seems that it’s gonna be Pierce even though he lives in Malibu, a stone’s throw away from where the Academy Awards will take place.
“It's unclear, but his tone and body language seems to suggest he is the one that wants no part of it,” TMZ reported.
There were some hurt feelings on Brosnan’s part after he parted ways with the billion dollar Bond franchise but he’s certainly had his share of successes since then, including his co-starring role in the film version of Mamma Mia!. It’ll be interesting to see who the missing Bond will be on the night.