Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
PGA Championship winner Rory McIlroy’s games hasn’t been hampered by Caroline Wozniacki love affair
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki at the Olympic Village|
in London last month (Alexander Hassenstein / Getty)
McIlroy, as you likely know, utterly steamrolled the competition at the PGA Championship last weekend, winning the last Major golf tournament of the year. All the missed cuts and double bogeys mean nothing now, and his relationship with Wozniacki – whose career has definitely gone south since hooking up with Rory last year – is going strong.
Fellow Northern Irish pro Graeme McDowell said last month that the Rory-Caroline romance – they’re nicknamed Wozzilroy – was perhaps taking a toll on his game, but that he’d soon snap out of his funk. McDowell, a major winner himself (and romancing an American designer to boot), was right.
"There's no doubt, all the traveling is wearing him down a little bit and we are seeing a little bit of fatigue," McDowell told a program on the Golf Channel.
"But he's a fit kid and he's a young kid and he has all the talent in the world. It is only a matter of time [before he comes back]."
And what’s a round or two over par when you’re in love?
"He's very happy with his personal life and Caroline is a great girl," McDowell said. "He will be okay. He's had a tough 12 months. Let's be honest, the boy's in love. He's crazy about her. It's not a bad problem to have."