Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Pete Doherty recently woke up with no memory of who he was
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 at 08:54 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
He said: "The other day I hadn't slept for a week and I was coming home [to Paris] on the Eurostar. I fell asleep for an hour, woke up and didn't know who I was.
"I was completely devastated and burst into tears ... I knew I shouldn't be crying. The train manager said, 'What's the matter?' I told him straight, 'Look, I don't know who I am, I don't know where I am.' He said, 'You're Peter.' And I was going, 'No, no I'm not.' Then bang, everything flooded back. I got my bag and ran off. It was a really horrible feeling and I can imagine it in a few years just lasting longer and longer."
Pete, 33, also admitted he gets a bigger "rush" from sleeping well than taking drugs and is often shocked when he realises how different he feels when he is refreshed from slumber and not high.
The Libertines musician - who was previously in a relationship with Kate Moss - realizes he needs to sleep more as it is better for his health and voice.
In an interview with The Guardian newspaper: "It's not actually that exciting to be f***ed up all the time. The rush you get from having a good night's sleep is so exotic, to feel powerful and clean, capable and potent, as opposed to washed up, impotent and mute.
"It's like if you sing and you've been up for four nights, your voice is puny and has no power. The difference when you've rested and had a banana in the morning, it's outrageous!
"You can scare yourself sometimes with what a bit of healthy living can do."
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...