Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Pete Doherty claims his Libertines bandmate Carl Barat doesn't trust him
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
The future of the 'Time for Heroes' band – who came together for a handful of reunion shows last year - looks bleak as the volatile relationship between the two frontmen is preventing them from having a full scale reunion.
In new documentary film 'There are no Innocent Bystanders', Pete says of his bandmate: "He doesn't trust me and hasn't trusted me for a long time, and as far as I can tell it's too late to do anything about it."
Carl understands Pete – who was sacked from the band in 2004 due to his drug use, with the band briefly continuing without him before splitting the same year - is upset at what happened between them but is adamant his mistrust is unfounded.
He added: "Pete, for understandable reasons is still very hurt about what's gone on. And I believe he doubts my love for the band and for all of it."
When asked if this was true, Carl replied: "No, it's really silly, and I wish he wouldn't. I am hurt by it. It's difficult."
Since the band - which also includes John Hassall and Gary Powell - split in 2004, Pete has formed another group, Babyshambles, and released a solo album, while Carl found success with the band Dirty Pretty Things before releasing a solo LP last year.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...