Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Peaches Geldof was told she'd never have children
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 at 08:11 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Peaches with her baby boy and father Thomas Cohen|
Speaking of her first diagnosis at 17, she told ELLE magazine: "I was really upset because I always knew I wanted kids and then I was told I would need major intervention if that was to happen."
Of her ectopic pregnancy, she added: "I woke up in the night in the worst pain. It was like something was ripping me apart. I had no idea I was pregnant.
"I was taken to hospital and they discovered what it was. I was told if I had left it even three more days I would have died. But I had to have an operation and the doctor told me he'd have to remove my fallopian tube. I was crying and begging him not to. When I woke up, he told me he'd saved the tube but it was badly damaged and my chances of having kids had gone from slim to almost non-existent."
Peaches says her ordeal destroyed her relationship - though she wouldn't reveal the man's identity - and left her suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and she even considered freezing her eggs in a bid to protect her fertility.
She said: "Afterwards, I suffered from post-traumatic stress. My relationship ended because of it and for me it was just more sadness to carry.
"I was thinking about freezing my eggs and all these things, but you have to face the idea you just won't have children."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...