Peaches Geldof wanted to follow in her family's footsteps by giving her son a "ridiculous" name
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Geldof with her son|
The 24-year-old blonde - whose sisters are called Fifi Trixibell, Little Pixie and Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily - decided to name her one-month-old tot Phaedra Bloom Forever because she felt it was her duty to adhere to her family's tradition of mad monikers.
Peaches - whose father is Sir Bob Geldof and late mother is Paula Yates - told Britain's HELLO magazine: "I wouldn't be a Geldof if I didn't get stick in the press about my ridiculous choice of names. I've got to uphold the family's tradition. His full name is Phaedra Bloom Forever, which I think sounds like a rock star.
"We chose Bloom because my middle name is Honeyblossom and also in homage to Nirvana's 'In Bloom'. Forever we chose purely because it sounded cool."
Peaches' son Phaedra shares the same birthday as Paula - who died from an accidental heroin overdose in September 2000 - and she believes it is a sign her mother is watching over her.
The star - who also has 13-month-old son Astala with her musician husband Tom Cohen - said: "It wasn't an option. Maybe it is if you go private, but we didn't and were given the date randomly by a consultant. I was pretty amazed when I read it though, and had to smile. I couldn't help feeling mum must have had a hand in it."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...