Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Peaches Geldof has been caught shoplifting make-up from British high-street chain, Boots
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 09:49 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Peaches Geldof with her father Bob|
The 22-year-old star - who is the daughter of musician and Live Aid founder Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates - was reportedly spotted by a store detective stuffing around £60 worth of cosmetic products into her handbag as she strolled around a branch in London's Regent Street on Friday.
While Peaches - who has been accused of shoplifting four times in the past - was seized by staff and forced to hand over the goods, she was let go without the police being called.
A Scotland Yard source told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "We certainly get reports of smaller value thefts which are prosecuted. Shoplifters will generally carry on doing it until they are caught and hauled over the coals."
A staff member at the store confirmed: "Yes, Peaches Geldof was caught by an undercover detective with around £60 worth of make-up.
"She stuffed it in her handbag and also a small yellow Selfridges bag she was carrying. She was calm when she was caught and wasn't arrested as she handed the stash over. We filled in a recovery note and she has been banned from the store.
"She wrote down her address and we rang a number to confirm it. I think it was her boyfriend, and we let her go."
For news on movies click here
Top ten movies to watch before you visit Ireland – VIDEOS
Rihanna slammed for ‘hopeless place’ image of Belfast in video
Meanwhile, an onlooker explained Peaches - who lives in North London with her rocker boyfriend Tom Cohen - looked "completely cool" and "totally casual", despite being caught out.
The bystander said: "When she left she went right to the back of the store so she didn't go past the tills. A store detective followed her outside and brought her back in. I heard him say, 'Do you know why I've brought you back?'
"I didn't hear her response but she was completely cool. You'd think someone would be embarrassed or upset, but she was totally casual as though it was nothing out of the ordinary. He took her into a back office and five minutes later she came out and left the store, calm as you like again."
A Boots spokeswoman said of the claims: "Unfortunately, we are not able to comment on individual customer circumstances."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...