Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Patrick Kennedy, son of Edward Kennedy, to write memoir about his life, addictions
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 at 06:47 PM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Look out, here comes another Kennedy memoir about the evils of battling the demon drink and other addictions.
This time it is Patrick Kennedy, son of Teddy, who is coming clean, which is actually the title of the book.
The former Rhode Island congressman will bring the memoir out a year from now.
"I realize that I have an enormous opportunity to turn my biggest liability — my illness, which includes addiction — into an asset to help countless numbers of Americans who quietly suffer and cannot afford treatment or risk telling their employers," Kennedy said in a statement.
"That's why I'm writing this book. I hope that by telling the real story of my own personal struggle, I can kick off my lifelong mission: to destigmatize addiction and other neurological ailments, and break down the barriers between research and treatment of different types of brain disorders."
Publishers Houghton Mifflin say the book will be a best seller.
"Coming clean about his family and himself is an important first step in his initiative to help the millions of Americans who suffer from similar afflictions,"they said.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...