Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Patrick Dempsey’s bid to buy coffee chain Tully’s is approved
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 08:32 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Dempsy in Grey's Anatomy|
Patrick said.”I've been deeply humbled by the outpouring of support from the city of Seattle and am very proud to be a new business owner in this amazing city. We have a lot to accomplish over the next few months and years, and I am excited to now call Seattle my second home."
Declaring victory over Starbucks on Twitter previously, he wrote: "We met the green monster, looked her in the eye, and...SHE BLINKED! We got it! Thank you Seattle! (sic)."
He added: "I'm thrilled that we won and I'm even more excited about saving Tully's Coffee and its hundreds of jobs."
Tully's Coffee, which also has stores in Washington and California, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.
AgriNurture Inc., teamed up with Starbucks for a combined bid of $10.6 million, but Patrick’s company bought the chain for $9.2 million.