Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Zayn Malik says nice hotel rooms are best perk of being famous
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at 09:09 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
He told The Sun newspaper: "I'm not bothered about what we get before or after shows as long as our room is comfortable. If I can sleep well, then everything is going to be OK.
"To me, after any day, I just want the biggest, most comfortable bed in our hotel.
"It is one of the best things about being in the band - getting nice hotel rooms."
He recently said he treats his girlfriend "like a princess."
Zayn is dating girl band Little Mix star Perrie Edwards, and despite their busy schedules keeping them both apart for long periods of time, he goes to great lengths to display his love for her.
She said: "As long as we can talk as much as possible, we cope fine with being apart. The girls always say he's so good to me. I like to be treated like a princess and I love thoughtful gifts. When I was on holiday I got him a painting and filmed the artist making it. He loved it."