Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's Zayn Malik likes a girl with "old-school values"
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The One Direction singer - who is currently dating Little Mix's Perrie Edwards - says it's important a lady has respect for herself as well as being on his wavelength.
He told TOTP magazine: "I like somebody who's laid-back and chilled out, and who doesn't take herself too seriously. I also think old-school values are important as is being respectful. My perfect girl would just be someone who's a nice person, who I can have a conversation with for hours."
Zayn also revealed he still gets star struck when he sees famous people at glamorous events.
He said: "I tell you what I found quite weird, and I had a pinch myself kind of moment, was when we went to a men's magazine awards do. We were sat in a room with the likes of U2 and Johnny Depp and I was just like, 'There's no way I should be in a room with these people!' "