Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's waxworks are set to embark on a world tour
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 09:08 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|One Direction's waxworks to go on tour|
The 'One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)' group - Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson - have been immortalized in wax by Madame Tussauds in London, and after their likenesses are unveiled in the UK on April 18, they will then be dispatched to the famous lookalike company's other branches across the globe.
Harry said: "We're just kind of a bit overwhelmed. We've been to Madame Tussauds and seen the kind of people who are in there. It's crazy to think that we will up there with them."
The wax figures cost around £150,000 each to make and will take almost four months to complete, after the band were first measured up in January.
After the waxworks have been displayed in London, they will move to New York in July where they will stay until October 11. Their final stop will be in Sydney from October 24 to January 28 2014.
One Direction are no strangers to Madame Tussauds, and were in the London branch last year, where they pulled a prank on four fans by posing as waxworks for TV show 'Surprise Surprise'. The boys came to life as the girls approached, giving them the shock of their lives.
The real band recently kicked off a world tour in London, and are currently making their way across the UK.