Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Niall Horan wishes he were more like US Olympian Michael Phelps
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 at 06:14 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Not quite Michael Phelps - Niall Horan topless|
“@georgie_hawkes yeh im the same, watchin the heats of the swimmin on the telly! Just wana be like phelps,” Horan tweeted on Saturday.
Unfortunately for both Horan and Phelps, the American swimmer gave an underwhelming performance during his first showing at the London Olympics. Phelps still has more chances to reclaim the glory he cinched in 2008 with more races to come in London.
Horan, native of Mullingar in Ireland, along with the rest of his bandmates in One Direction are reportedly a part of the Olympics massive closing ceremonies and will be performing with other great British acts including The Spice Girls and Adele. One Direction was formed via the 2010 UK X Factor competition under the leadership of Simon Cowell.