Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Niall Horan sends a video message to a fan for her 16th birthday - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 09:23 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Still from One Direction's Niall Horan's YouTube video for his fan|
Despite finding massive worldwide fame during the past year, One Direction’s Niall Horan has managed to keep his feet firmly planted on the ground. Horan shared a touching video message to one of his American superfans for her birthday.
The Daily Mail reports on Horan’s precious video for Long Island native Melena Butera, who has Down’s Syndrome. Horan sent the video after the girl’s older sister Julianna started an online campaign.
Julianna said: “I would always play the songs ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ or ’One Thing,’ then Melena started singing them.”
“The next thing I knew, she was watching videos of them on YouTube and singing along to every song. She’s just like every other 15-year-old who has a crush on this boyband.”
Julianna’s appeal worked as Horan filmed a quick but sweet video for Melena.
“I've seen your video, it's absolutely incredible,” says Horan in the video. “Sorry we can't come to see you.”
Horan goes on to thank Melena for her support - “You're a massive fan we know, thank you so much for the support. All the love from the boys, see you soon.'
In her video, Julianna asks Melena what she would do if she were to ever meet the band.
“I'd hug Harry, I'd hug Niall,” said Melena, before kissing a poster of Niall, her favorite member.
Check out the sweet video from Niall here: