Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Niall Horan goes to hospital for a knee operation - fans rally support on Twitter -VIDEO
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:46 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
The One Direction member took part in a live Tweetcam with his bandmates earlier this week to help promote the bands new single ‘Live While We’re Young.’
During the chat, the 19-year-old let slip he had a really sore knee. Afterwards the pop star was inundated with well wishes from Twitter users.
Then on Thursday morning Horan took to Twitter to announce he needs knee surgery.
Horan tweeted: “Ya know the way I always had a bad knee, added to it playin ball the other day! Its messed up now! Operation time [SIC].”
“I’m on crutches hahahahhaa! Funny as hell [SIC]”
The band are scheduled to perform at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards in London on Sunday, so lets hope the teen sensation won’t be hobbling around the stage.
When asked about when he is going to have the operation, Horan wrote: "Whenever I have time, coz I need about 2.5 months for rehab for it! it won't be until end of world tour I'd imagine."
One Direction - Live While We're Young