Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Niall Horan flies home to Mullingar to welcome Olympic gold medalist John Joe Nevin - VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|John Joe Nevin & Niall Horan pictured in Mullingar on Monday|
The popstar made the trip back to his hometown after performing alongside his band members at the Olympic Games closing ceremony on Sunday night.
"I wasn't going to come home at all, but I had to be here,” Horan told the Irish Independent.
Horan said he has followed Nevin’s progress throughout the games.
“I was at three of his fights. It was the only thing I was at. He is such a legend," Horan said.
"I grew up across the road from him. I've known him all my life," he added.
Thousands lined the streets of Mullingar on Monday for the silver medalist’s homecoming. Nevin and Irish equestrian Olympian Joseph Murphy travelled through the town on an open top bus before they arrived at Cusack Park, the GAA ground of the town.
Nevin revealed he has not let his silver medal out of his sight since he won it.
"I have slept with it," he laughed.
Niall Horan welcomes home John Joe Nevin
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...