Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's management want them protected by armed guards when they tour North America
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 at 08:21 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|One Direction are going to need security in the US|
Minders for the British boy band - Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson - have been told to apply for gun licenses when they go to the US and Mexico next year, so no-one can compromise their safety.
A source close to the group told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "They are the biggest boy band in the world. If their bosses say we need guns, then we have to get guns. They will be traveling to some dangerous areas in the world."
Perhaps the most tricky part of their North American tour will be when the 'Live While We're Young' group play in Mexico City on June 9 next year, as it is a common place for kidnappings and gang activity.
The source added: "There are lots of threats - the worst possibility is a gang will want to kidnap them. But that won't be allowed to happen.
"The group's security guards have all had to get social security cards and ID cards for America and Canada. And they may bring in armed guards who they have worked with before in Mexico."
A spokesperson for the group said the social security cards were not gained in an attempt to get gun licenses in the US, but added: "I have no idea about Mexico."
The band had to have their security boosted last time they appeared in Mexico City in June, as their hotel was mobbed by screaming fans desperate to catch a glimpse of their idols.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...