Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson buys his former soccer team in Yorkshire
Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 09:32 AM
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
|Louis Tomlinson of One Direction|
The One Direction star apparently didn't have to pay too much for the Three Horse Shoes team in Doncaster, England as the squad was having financial problems and could barely afford a new uniform.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Before Louis auditioned on 'The X Factor' he played for the local pub side with a few of his pals back in Donny.
"The team were struggling to get a new kit together for the new season, and it filtered back to Louis.
"He decided to put his hand in his pocket as long as he can be called the owner and get the odd game when One Direction's diary allows."
Louis has reportedly acquired a sponsor for the team and has arranged for them to wear kit by a popular brand.
The insider continued: "He has sorted a really smart set of Nike strips and has even arranged a sponsor - Yorkshire Tea.
"They will have the best kit in the league and no shortage of tasty brews at half time in the cold winter months."
He has been in touch with professional squad Doncaster Rovers and is looking to arrange a pre-season friendly to raise some money.
He has also asked Rovers if a couple of players will put on a training session or two for his friends.