Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's Liam Payne thinks it would be 'boring' to be a solo artist
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
He said: "I think it would be massively, massively boring! I don't know how Justin Bieber does it, but full props to him. I like being around the boys. I enjoy other people's company and it's a lot more fun being in a band on stage. There's so much work in this industry that if I had to do it on my own, I don't know what I'd do. I'd be very bored and very boring!"
'What Makes You Beautiful' singer Liam - who is joined in the group by Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louise Tomlinson and Zayn Malik - loves the fun side of being a pop star, but sys people don't realise how much hard work it can also be.
He told Top of the Pops magazine: "It's really, really enjoyable and lots of hard work. I'd say that's about it really. The downsides are that you really miss family and friends, and you really want to see more of them."