Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's Liam Payne caught a shark on a fishing trip in California
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 09:39 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Liam Payne fishing|
The 'What Makes you Beautiful' group were sea fishing off the coast of California at the time, and Liam's shark was only a baby, so he threw it back.
He told The Sun newspaper: "We went fishing in San Diego. It was only my second time ever fishing and we had such great fun.
"We went fishing for half an hour and there was nothing at all. Then I pulled out a baby tiger shark."
Away from the sea, the group's phenomenal success continues with their debut album 'Up all Night' having topped the charts in 16 countries, and their net worth is tipped to double over the next year.
Sony Music UK's boss revealed that Liam, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles - who are signed to Simon Cowell's Syco label in Britain and Columbia in America - are already worth £32 million.
Nick Gatfield said: "We fully expect to double that £32 million figure next year.
"The team around them, including musicians, stylists, producers, tour managers and so on, is 90-strong. That's 90 jobs created by these five boys."
The boys haven't been afraid to splash their cash with Louis, 20, buying a £2.5 million, five-bedroom house in north London, while Zayn, 19, recently snapped up a £2.2 million property.
Meanwhile, Harry, 18, spent £575,000 on an east London pad.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...