Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction's Harry Styles used to act like a "complete idiot" in public
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 02:13 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Styles performing with One Direction|
Childhood pal Will Sweeney told The Sun newspaper: "We'd act like complete idiots in public. Harry would go into [British supermarket chain] Tesco, pretend he had Tourette's and walk around screaming and shouting.
"We'd throw things at each other, we'd just create chaos and a bit of a mess. We were told off by security and customers.
"We played this game where you pick something up and launch it over your head without knowing where the other person is - and they've got to try to catch it.
"We grabbed all sorts; bread, sauces, and Harry dropped stuff everywhere.
"Harry loved it. He was always up for fun, wacky things, having a laugh, and he never cared what people thought."
Will has previously admitted the 18-year-old heartthrob's carefree attitude has always meant he's been a hit with the ladies.
He said: "Groups of girls warm to him because of his personality and cheeky-chappy style, so we always used to wind him up and just say, 'Classic Styles'. He's really easy to talk to - if you met him in the street, you wouldn't feel intimidated."
Harry - famous for dating older women - has recently said he is looking for a girl with a similar attitude to himself.
He said: "I'm looking for a girl who's cheeky and will make me chase her. The fun's all in the chase."