Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction want to have a 10-year break at the peak of their career, just like Take That
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
Niall said: "We want to be like Take That or Gary Barlow - take 10 years out and then come back."
Take That - also made up of Howard Donald, Mark Owen and Jason Orange - split in 1996, one year after original member Robbie Williams quit the group, before announcing their reunion in 2005 and their three subsequent albums and tours have been met with universal critical acclaim.
However, One Direction - who are about to release their second album, 'Take Me Home' - have no plans to disband yet and are enjoying every moment of their sensational career so far.
Niall, 18, says the group love the album's second single, 'Little Things', and are looking forward to seeing the reaction of their fans when the video is released.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "We heard the new song and said, 'Yeah, that's a cracker, we want it.'
"For the video, we just kind of sit around in a studio and act like we're recording."
One Direction first shot to fame on 'The X Factor' in 2010 and were signed by show boss Simon Cowell to his Syco Records label after they finished third on the talent show.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...