Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction to release new toy collection with Hasbro -- products won’t be sold in UK or Ireland
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|One Direction dolls|
Legions of ‘Directioners,’ the loyal fan base of One Direction, will surely be quick to snatch up all the upcoming products.
John Frascotti, chief marketing officer for Hasbro, Inc, said to MarketWatch that "In the short time since the group's debut, One Direction has captured the hearts of many young fans across the world. The band is poised for continued and increasing global success.”
“We are excited about the opportunity to provide One Direction's very enthusiastic international fan base with a diverse product line that captures the essence of the band members,” added Frascotti.
Will Bloomfield, a representative of Modest! Management, said that "One Direction are thrilled to partner with Hasbro. Hasbro has a proven track record of successfully working with artists to market music-related brands to kids and teens around the world and both we and the band very much look forward to working with them at this incredibly exciting time."
The new product line featuring the five lads is set to debut this fall. Surprisingly, the products will be sold globally, except for in the UK and Ireland where the boys call home.
One Direction was formulated as part of the 2010 season of the UK ‘X-Factor’ with leadership from Simon Cowell and his label Syco. Now record-breaking as the first ever UK musical act to debut at number one on the US Billboard charts, One Direction is made up of Mullingar-native Niall Horan and UK natives Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson.