Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction to release new toy collection with Hasbro -- products won’t be sold in UK or Ireland
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|One Direction dolls|
Legions of ‘Directioners,’ the loyal fan base of One Direction, will surely be quick to snatch up all the upcoming products.
John Frascotti, chief marketing officer for Hasbro, Inc, said to MarketWatch that "In the short time since the group's debut, One Direction has captured the hearts of many young fans across the world. The band is poised for continued and increasing global success.”
“We are excited about the opportunity to provide One Direction's very enthusiastic international fan base with a diverse product line that captures the essence of the band members,” added Frascotti.
Will Bloomfield, a representative of Modest! Management, said that "One Direction are thrilled to partner with Hasbro. Hasbro has a proven track record of successfully working with artists to market music-related brands to kids and teens around the world and both we and the band very much look forward to working with them at this incredibly exciting time."
The new product line featuring the five lads is set to debut this fall. Surprisingly, the products will be sold globally, except for in the UK and Ireland where the boys call home.
One Direction was formulated as part of the 2010 season of the UK ‘X-Factor’ with leadership from Simon Cowell and his label Syco. Now record-breaking as the first ever UK musical act to debut at number one on the US Billboard charts, One Direction is made up of Mullingar-native Niall Horan and UK natives Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...