Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction responds to claims they copied famous song by The Clash
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2012 at 09:40 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
One Direction are answering claims that they have copied the famous riff from the 1982 hit song "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash on their new single "Live While We're Young."
They are saying they did it on purpose, according to RTE. Harry Styles told the BBC, "It was kind of on purpose though. It's a great riff."
He also confirmed that their hit "What Makes You Beautiful" gives a nod to the Grease song Summer Nights: "It's a bit like the first single where the opening riff sounds similar to a certain film..."
Said Louis Tomlinson: "I assume it must be quite difficult to do a unique riff now because there have been so many songs - surely there's only so many riffs you can pull out?"