Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction reference makes Justin Bieber hang up on radio call-in
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 at 09:05 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|One Direction and Justin Bieber|
Digital Spy reports that Bieber hung up the phone and refused to rejoin an interview with Detroit's ‘Mojo In The Morning’ on Thursday when host Carballot asked Bieber, "Do you worry about Harry [Styles] around your mom, since he likes older women?"
Bieber asked the DJ to repeat the question, and after he did, Bieber responded by saying "I think you should worry about your mom, though,.”
Carballot revealed that his mother was dead, to which Bieber responded by hanging up on the call.
Bieber’s management responded to the incident by saying the Canadian superstar was "a little upset" by the question. After attempts by Bieber to reconnect to the call were failed, they added that he would “probably not” call the station back.
Carballot has since defended himself by saying he only asked the question after Bieber’s girlfriend, popstar Selena Gomez, made cracks of the same nature on a talkshow.
The radio show’s producer Rachel Giordano said "She [Selena Gomez] made a comment that they'd been becoming friends with One Direction. She jokingly said: 'Ha ha, Justin said we need to keep our moms away because they're hot and young for Harry.’”
"So Justin made a joke, Selena was recounting that story and that's where [we] got it from."
Harry Styles, one of the five members are immensely popular boyband One Direction, has garnered a reputation for dating older women.
Prior to the incident, Bieber had referred to One Direction as “good kids.” Bieber has been rumored to be working on a collaboration with the band.