Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction racks up whopping $29,000 in phone bills while on tour
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 09:08 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
One Direction reportedly racked up $29,000 in phone bills while on tour in North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Members of the boy band may have spent a lot of time calling and texting home to the UK, but staying connected online to use Facebook and Twitter added heavily to the phone bills.
"Like most teenagers, the boys are obsessed with all things social media," an insider at Simon Cowell's Syco label told the Mirror.
"They're also encouraged to tweet by management to keep them interacting with fans but Niall and Liam in particular got pretty homesick during their travels and regularly called home.
"When the bills landed on their doormat, the guys were utterly stunned and slightly devastated thinking they'd have to fork out themselves.
"In the end they got called in for a meeting and given a lecture on finances, and how to handle their money.
"It is vital wealth does not go to their heads. Their bills got signed off and the boys will not be making the same mistake again."
Cowell has kindly agreed to pay the charges.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...