Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction due to perform at London 2012 Olympic closing ceremony
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2012 at 09:34 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis will perform 'What Makes You Beautiful' from a carnival-like flat-bed truck, moving around the athletics track at Stratford's Olympic Stadium.
An insider told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "It's all hush-hush and the boys have been sworn to secrecy.
"But they've been at rehearsals and can't wait to do their bit. It will be an unforgettable occasion and they feel privileged to be a part of it."
Madness and the Pet Shop Boys have been added to the bill, which also includes George Michael, The Who and the Spice Girls.
The 'Wannabe' singers are expected to perform their debut hit, and have been rehearsing for eight hours a day for the past eight days, ensuring the gig tops Danny Boyle's Opening Ceremony.
Their set is said to be "absolutely ingenious".
It is still not known whether Take That will perform following this week's tragic news that Gary Barlow and wife Dawn's daughter, Poppy, was stillborn.
There was speculation last night that Kate Bush could be making a surprise comeback appearance, too, after a remix of her track 'Running Up That Hill' appeared on Amazon.
The page, which has since been taken down, showed the 2012 reworking available for download to coincide with the August 12 ceremony.
Muse have also confirmed they will be performing.