Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction could double their worth by next year
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
British boy band One Direction could double their worth by next year, according to the Daily Mail.
The group have taken the pop charts--and the hearts of many young fans--by storm. Their estimated worth, which today is already £32 million, is set to double by this time next year due to the band's ongoing world tours, record sales, and the success of their DVD.
"We fully expect to double that £32 million figure next year," said boss of Sony Music UK, Nick Gatfield.
"The team around them, including musicians, stylists, producers, tour managers and so on, is 90-strong," he added. "That’s 90 jobs created by these five boys."
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson signed to Simon Cowell's record label Syco in the UK and Columbia Records in the U.S. after reaching the final of the UK's X Factor in 2010.