Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction are improving their language skills to avoid feeling "embarrassed" abroad
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 08:36 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|One Direction's music video for "Kiss You"|
A source told The Sun newspaper: "The press conference in Japan got embarrassing because the boys' culture shock was so obvious.
"Over the weekend they vowed to learn at least 20 of the most common words in the languages of the countries they're visiting before they land there.
"They think it will avoid embarrassing moments and build up a bond with fans."
In order to make more of an effort during their worldwide tours in the future, the band have vowed to "brush up" on their skills and educate themselves by watching videos online.
The source added: "They're just going to use YouTube tutorials to brush up on their language skills and think that's going to be enough."
Before they visited Japan, the five British heartthrobs took a trip to Africa to help raise money for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day 2013.
After spending time in the poverty-stricken town of Accra, Ghana, the boys described it as an "amazing" experience.
Niall, 19, posted on his Twitter account: "Just arrived back from Accra, Ghana! Best experience ever! This @rednoseday please get involved!
"Massive thanks to @rednoseday for taking us to Ghana! It was incredible! real eye opener! We take so much for granted over here ! (sic)"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...