Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction alarmed that a fan had hidden in their dustbin for four hours in an effort to meet them
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 at 10:51 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Zayn, 19, told the Mirror: "They got busted. They hid in a bin and tried to come in the back entrance."
Sources revealed the boys' security - already on high alert following the near riot that met Niall and Liam in New York last week - are now checking out even the smallest of areas for potential overexcited fans.
A fan kayaked across a lake while they were staying in Toronto, Canada over the weekend.
'The X Factor' 2010 contestants were given police protection over on their current tour of the United States, after last week when, Niall and Liam, both 18, had their clothes torn by 60 girls outside their hotel in the Big Apple, while only one security guard was present.
A source said: "The methods fans are using are getting more ingenious. Some have been regularly booking out rooms in their hotel - some even tried to dress up as staff.
"But the boys' minders won't be letting any of these tricks get past them. They'll look in every bin if they have to."