Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Wilde shows off her bikini body and talks about the end of her marriage - PHOTOS
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 at 02:33 PM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|American Glamour photo shoot|
The 27-year-old actress separated from documentary maker Tao Ruspoli in February after almost eight years of marriage and thinks it was better for them to end their union when it went wrong rather than staying in an unhappy relationship.
She said: “The mark of a good marriage is partnership and continuing to feel inspired by your spouse. I had that with Tao. But the end is not necessarily the tragedy. Staying in a relationship that is no longer working is the tragedy. Living unhappily - that’s the tragedy.”
Olivia was just 19 when she tied the knot and she now realizes some of the warnings she was given about getting wed so young were true.
She told America's Glamour magazine: “Everyone said it to me - and I had to figure it out for myself - but you change so much. I’ve learned it’s important to spend time in a relationship with yourself and not being defined by your partner.”
The ‘Tron: Legacy’ star is now ready to start dating again, though she admits she is unsure of how to conduct herself or go about finding new men to go out with.
She said: “I’m opening up my heart to the idea of dating. It’s funny - my friends would always come to me for romantic advice, but I know nothing, and things have changed since I was dating in high school! I’m really trying hard to spend this time working on myself.
“I wish I could play the field. But it’s so not me. I go 100 percent into everything. And I’m a really good girlfriend.”
While she is readying herself to look for a new boyfriend, the 'Tron: Legacy' star is content to indulge in "pretend" kissing in her movies, admitting she always likes locking lips with her co-stars.
She said: “I’ve been lucky to have chemistry with my costars, and I really enjoy pretend kissing. If you’re pretending to love each other, you’ve got to find something to fall in love with.”
PHOTOS - Olivia Wilde photo gallery
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...