Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Wilde plays stripper in next film
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 09:19 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Oh, Olivia - it's like you can't ever find a thing to wear. Today we're hearing that 'The O.C.' star is set to play a tattooed stripper who is the mistress to a term-limited butter-carving champion played by Ty Burrell.
Still with me? Jennifer Garner will also star as the Burrell's wife, who decides to take the crown for herself.
Sounds like a slippery slope. 'Butter,' the title of the new flick, has made a good start by tapping a number of A-list stars. The film will be produced by Jennifer Garner and has just added Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone to the roll-call of top-notch actors.
The story itself will follow a number of competitive characters in a small Midwestern town as they become entwined in an annual butter-carving contest. Doubtless that will provide Wilde with ample opportunities to undress (in the best possible taste, of course).
'She's Out of My League' director Jim Field Smith will shoot this political satire, which is planned to start later this month but no release date has been locked in yet.