Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Wilde is content to be known for her physical assets
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 09:20 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
The gorgeous 'Tron' star would love to be revered for her acting skills but she understands that being successful in Hollywood is often dependent on looks although she is insistent she is no 'dunce'.
She explained to The New York Times: "Trying to fight this industry's tendency to celebrate the physical is a waste of time. So I'm happy to play that game. But I am also thirsty for input. I'm not a dunce whose only skill is knowing how to take a photograph, you know? And at the end of the day I think it makes me slightly less replaceable."
However, Olivia is not precious about her looks with 'Cowboys & Aliens' director Jon Favreau revealing Olivia was determined to undertake as many of the stunts on set as she could including one where her character is pulled off her horse by a flying alien.
Of the sequence - where Olivia is taken off a speeding horse by a wire attached to a crane - he said: "Frankly, she put our stunt riders in a tough spot. Here was our ingenue, doing all of the scary stuff and making it look easy."
IrishCentral.com's Top Celebrities: Olivia Wilde
Olivia Wilde Photo Gallery
‘Cowboys and Aliens’ star Olivia Wilde is a "little wobbly" following her divorce
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...