Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Wilde feels "lucky" to have had a "peaceful" split from her husband
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 09:50 AM
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain wants to protect her private life
- Cat Deeley kept her wedding to Patrick Kielty a secret by pretending she was organizing her 40th birthday
- ‘Lone Ranger’ star Johnny Depp has revealed he is almost completely blind in one eye
- TV host Nick Cannon tried to reach out to Amanda Bynes
- Selma Blair has been axed from 'Anger Management' after clashing with Charlie Sheen
She said: "When you split with someone you love, you think you're the only person who has ever gone through it; 'Oh did you listen to The National on repeat and lie on Marlboro Lights and chocolate for three months? Me too.'
"But I was lucky to have such a peaceful parting. It's never easy, it's f***ed up and I wouldn't recommend it. But there were no kids involved, so we could see it as this wonderful chapter.
"And anyway, you fall in love again. Oh God, to think you only fall in love once in your entire life is such a depressing thought."
Olivia is even considering turning her experiences into a screenplay.
She added in an interview with the new issue of Britain's GQ magazine: "I actually think the subject of young divorce is pretty funny and I'd like to write a movie about it. Can you imagine a young couple fighting over the Ikea furniture?"