Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Newton-John had a Catholic priest exorcise her home after death of contractor
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 09:28 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|"Grease" star Olivia Newton-John|
The 'Grease' star was rocked by the death of 41-year-old contractor Christopher Pariseletti on her property in August, so hired a Catholic priest to perform the ritual and cleanse it of bad spirits.
Olivia, 64, was joined by her husband, John Easterling, and a pair of friends during the ritual, where prayers were recited and holy water distributed around the home.
Christopher had worked on the property at the Jupiter Inlet Colony, Florida, and had a key. He is thought to have been in financial difficulty with his business facing closure, and had asked for a loan from Olivia to keep his company going. He killed himself with a shotgun by the pool while the property was empty and was found by another builder.
Olivia has been hoping to sell the house, and has had to slash $200,000 from the asking price after the incident.
A real estate agent told the Daily Express newspaper: "Unfortunately there is a grim notoriety to the house and people are put off by that.
"Whoever buys the home will always know that someone blew their brains out in there. It is not the nicest housewarming present."
Rosie O'Donnell had been ready to buy the property, but withdrew her offer in the wake of Christopher's death.
Other stars to have homes in Jupiter Inlet Colony include Kid Rock and Tiger Woods.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...