Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Noel Gallagher says there's no way Beady Eye can eclipse Oasis' success
Posted on Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 09:50 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
When asked what he felt about Liam's comments his new band will be more successful than Oasis, Noel told Q magazine: "Someone needs to lie Liam down and waft him with a wet towel."
The 44-year-old guitarist quit Oasis in August 2009 following a huge backstage fight with Liam, who Noel claims tried to take his "face off" with a guitar during the bust-up.
Despite the turbulent atmosphere in his former band, Noel admits he does "miss" certain things about the group, and says he didn't find it easy choosing which musicians to work with on his new project Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.
The musician – who is releasing his solo album of the same name in October – explained: "I had two options: you either get a load of kids in, and then you end up looking like Bryan Ferry. Or you don't and you have mates - but then, I don't know many 44-year-olds that aren't bald. But it fell into place nicely. It's the noble thing to do, bands are for the young."
Noel Gallagher reveals reason behind Oasis split - VIDEO
Noel Gallagher started writing his solo album the night his wife told him she was pregnant
Noel Gallagher wants his estranged brother Liam at his wedding